Niche Care is an established care provider within the UK. We have an exciting opportunity available working for a forward thinking care provider.
We are currently looking for an experienced and dynamic Registered Care Manager to manage our Crewe based office location.
Start date: ASAP
The ideal candidate would have extensive experience in management of Domiciliary Care services with a minimum of 3 years experience whilst being fully proficient in using Staffplan.
Salary : £30,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
Reports to: Regional Manager and Operations Director
Purpose of role:
To provide high quality home care services that support the rights of service users to live the lives they choose as far as they are able. The registered manager is directly accountable to the regional manager, Operations Director, business owner(s) and to the regulatory body for domiciliary care.
- Efficiently manage the day to day running of the business.
- Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality home care to customers within budget.
- Manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely and effectively.
Duties and specific responsibilities: – Manage the safety and quality of the business- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of care.
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as lead for infection prevention and control.
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business.
- Implement quality management and improvement systems.
- Effectively manage complaints and incidents.
- Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements.
- Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service.
- Provide a high quality service to customers
- Promote the rights of each service user and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support.
- Make sure that prior to each service commencing, a service user assessment and risk assessment with the service user, and/or their chosen representatives, has been completed including what the service user needs are and what would like to achieve from their care and support.
- Make sure a written person centred care and support plan has been created and agreed, that respects the service users wishes, which promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks.
- Provide the service user, and where appropriate their representatives, with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns.
- Apply excellent communication skills with customers, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services.
- Keep all information about customers and their families secure and confidential.
- Lead and manage staff
- Manage the effective recruitment, induction and training of the coordinator(s), supervisor(s), care workers and other support staff.
- Identify ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to date with current best practice.
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times
- Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters.
- Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable staff to effectively and safely carry out their roles. Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent.
- Ensure that support is provided for care coordinator(s) and care supervisor(s) to effectively plan and manage the permanent scheduling of care worker rosters, balancing continuity and efficiency.
- Promote the business
- Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner.
- Participate in the growth and development of the business. Work with the Regional Manager and Operations Director to achieve sales targets and deliver within budget.
- The ideal candidate will be required to hold a NVQ Level 5 or equivalent in Leadership and Management in Health & Social Care.
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
Additional pay: Bonus scheme
Experience: Care Manager: 3 years (Preferred)
Licence: driving (Required)
|Salary||£30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience|